- Time commitment:Hours, Part-time
- Duration:Short-term, Medium-term, Long-term
- Familiarity with EA:Familiar, Very Familiar
- Running donation drives by encouraging coworkers to support highly effective charities through the company's donation-matching program (often during the holiday season)
- Starting EA groups for coworkers interested in learning about effective altruism
If you want to start a group or promote effective altruism at your company, get in touch with us; we'd be happy to provide advice!
Smaller businesses also sometimes promote effective giving. For example:
- The six-person Butler Law Firm has given $100,000 per year to some of GiveWell's top charities since 2018, sharing the story with news outlets to advertise themselves and draw attention to GiveWell's work.
- AE Studio, a small software company, runs a monthly poll to decide which charity gets 5% of their profits.
- Several businesses have taken the Giving What We Can pledge, promising to donate 10% of their profits.