In-Depth EA Program
4 October – 28 November 2021
When you aim to do good, you face questions like::
- How do I know what I think I know?
- What do I morally value?
- How should I plan my career?
- Should I focus on near-term impact or long-term impact?
- How do I account for the indirect effects of my actions?
- What’s the risk of human extinction this century?
The In-Depth EA Program helps you engage with complex questions like these to help you figure out how you can increase your impact. Over the course of eight weeks, you’ll have weekly 1-hour discussions with a cohort of 3-5 participants and one facilitator. Before attending each discussion, you’ll complete a set of readings (and sometimes a brief written exercise).
The first three weeks cover pre-selected content. In the following four weeks, your group will choose content to focus on based on your own interests. The last week will cover career planning, open questions, and next steps. (See the full curriculum.)
We highly recommend this program if you:
- Already have a good understanding of core ideas in effective altruism.
- Are excited by the topics covered in the curriculum.
- Can commit at least 2 hours a week to readings and exercises.
- Can attend at least 7 out of the 8 weekly discussion sessions.