June 14, 2017
Most content about effective altruism is in English. While English reaches an increasingly large audience, we are likely failing to attract some great allies who wouldn’t naturally find or turn to English-language sources.
If you’re fluent in another language and keen to help others learn about effective altruism, help make EA accessible to people of that other tongue. There are ongoing efforts to translate EA to Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, Polish, Czech, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese, as well as others that are less established. Contact the relevant group’s organizer to help, which you should be able to find on their associated language page.
Time commitment: hours
Duration: short-term, medium-term
Familiarity with EA: new, familiar, regular
Occupation: student, professional, retiree, group
Give your time.
- 1. Volunteer or intern remotely.
- 2. Volunteer for short-term tasks.
- 3. Fill out the Annual EA Survey.
- 4. Transcribe talks about EA.
- 5. Translate EA content to other languages.
- 6. Find relevant events nearby and ask to give out free EA books.
- 7. Identify impressive math students or graduates.
- 8. Be an EA Global volunteer.