June 14, 2017
If you’re a university professor, high school teacher, or student at a university that permits student-run courses, consider teaching a course on effective altruism. EA classes have historically resided in philosophy and economics departments, but would also be good fits for STEM, business, statistics, and social work.
To start making an EA course happen, look into your school’s or university’s class creation system, and check out these syllabi from past courses for inspiration. You can seek advice in the EA Academia Facebook group.
Time commitment: part-time
Familiarity with EA: regular
Occupation: student, professional, group
Contribute your career.
- 1. Consider an EA-guided career.
- 2. Apply for an EA job.
- 3. Apply for an EA Grant.
- 4. Start an EA-inspired project.
- 5. Do workplace activism.
- 6. Apply the EA mindset to your existing life and communities.
- 7. Join key adjacent communities.
- 8. Teach a course on EA.
- 9. Create a new, high-impact, international development charity.