June 14, 2017
You’re a professional who’s sold on EA, and are committed to dedicating your time and energy to what’s best for the world. If you’re serious about your values, take it to the next level and go for a full-time occupation doing EA work.
To find which jobs are available, start by checking out the open positions on the 80,000 Hours job board and Effective Altruism Job Postings Facebook group or sign up to the EA Newsletter for monthly updates. If there isn’t something that’s a good fit, consider using 80,000 Hours’ decision tool to figure out which types of careers are best for you and then look for jobs that fit those criteria. For more independent or entrepreneurial types, apply your ambitions to starting your own EA-inspired project and applying for one of a few sources of funding to back your project.
Time commitment: full-time
Familiarity with EA: regular
Contribute your career.
- 1. Consider an EA-guided career.
- 2. Apply for an EA job.
- 3. Apply for an EA Grant.
- 4. Start an EA-inspired project.
- 5. Do workplace activism.
- 6. Apply the EA mindset to your existing life and communities.
- 7. Join key adjacent communities.
- 8. Teach a course on EA.
- 9. Create a new, high-impact, international development charity.