June 14, 2017
Do you have a high-impact startup you want to run but little money to back it? Is there research you’d like to pursue but can’t yet afford to commit the time? If so, you’re a great candidate for an EA Grant, a new initiative of the Centre for Effective Altruism to support enterprising EAs in their high-expected-value pursuits. The grant program is open to anyone 18+, and offers up to £100,000 in funding, one-on-one career advice from career advisor 80,000 Hours, and the prestige and support you’re otherwise unlikely to get doing an individual project.
To learn more and apply, check out the EA Grants webpage.
Time commitment: full-time
Duration: medium-term, long-term
Familiarity with EA: familiar, regular
Occupation: student, professional, retiree, group
Contribute your career.
- 1. Consider an EA-guided career.
- 2. Apply for an EA job.
- 3. Apply for an EA Grant.
- 4. Start an EA-inspired project.
- 5. Do workplace activism.
- 6. Apply the EA mindset to your existing life and communities.
- 7. Join key adjacent communities.
- 8. Teach a course on EA.
- 9. Create a new, high-impact, international development charity.