June 16, 2018
Introducing Charity Entrepreneurship, an exciting new research and training program designed to identify promising charity startup ideas and founders and offer them incubation.
May 10, 2018
- Joey Savoie introduced some empirical data to what extent value drift might be happening within the community. Darius Meissner shared some suggestions of how value drift can be prevented or reduced.
- Submissions were open for the academic poster session taking place at EA Global: San Francisco (June 8-10).
- CEA announced Larissa Hesketh-Rowe has moved from COO to CEO. CEA published more about their current thinking, including their models of community building, and were hosting an operations forum from May 24-28.
April 13, 2018
- Currently there’s an unusually large number of operations positions open in the effective altruism community.
- The theme for this year's EA Global conference is Stay Curious, and it will be targeted mainly to people already familiar with core ideas in Effective Altruism.
- Dates and locations for EAGx conferences this year have been announced!
March 6, 2018
- FHI and CSER contribute to a major new report on "The Malicious Use of Artificial Intelligence", receiving worldwide coverage.
- The Open Philanthropy Project announces millions of dollars worth of grants.
- Applications to attend EA Global: San Francisco 2018 are now open.
February 7, 2018
- Peter Singer's new article looks at the “pain gap” - comparing opioid availability in the United States with India and Nigeria.
- The Open Philanthropy Project has published a major update on cause prioritization.
- Videos are available to let you catch up on talks from EA Global 2017.
January 9, 2018
- The second annual AI safety literature review and charity comparison
- 80,000 Hours provide an overview of so-called extinction risks and explains why, despite all progress, humanity may be facing its most dangerous time ever.
- Last chance to donate to the EA Donor Lottery which closes on Wednesday, 10 January.
December 5, 2017
- Professor Philip Tetlock, author of “Superforecasting”, discusses his research on the 80,000 Hours podcast.
- GiveWell has two new top recommendations this year: Evidence Action’s No Lean Season program and Helen Keller International’s vitamin A supplementation program.
- DeepMind illustrates some AI safety problems for the layman and the researcher.
November 16, 2017
Discusses the value of coordination and cooperation within the effective altruism community.
November 16, 2017
Why we might, and might not, want to help build the effective altruism community.